Last year, while working in my old design studio, I began a new project for a customer. It was a new low cost watch designed from scratch. At first, as a designer, I thought I knew something about watches. After reading I realize I didn’t. Then I was scared because it uses a lot of materials and I didn’t know anything about movements. Wow!!!, the watch world is bigger than you can image.
Everything started with questions like:
- What kind of movements exists?
- Do swiss really means better quality?
- Main brands that showcase in magazines are the best? obviously it depends on which magazine you are reading.
- The weight means something?
- Which brands are the best?
- Do really smartwatches could take a share of the mechanical watches?
Then after reading some I wanted a real watch. And guess what? As a designer I wanted to be different. So I tried to find a complete strange brand that would be better and more secure to use than a rolex or tag (that I don’t like it that much anymore) in the street.
After looking at some conference Baselworld news, I loved a german brand called Nomos. It was a beautiful simple design watch called Tangente GMT. Its beautiful simple dial with slim numbers and a contrast in the hands, makes it a great peace I really wanted.
Then after reading more about the brant, I found the Zürich Worldtimer True Blue! That is the current watch that I simply love.
More updates coming soon.
Pictures from Nomos-Glashuette.com